Day at the Races 2014
ESOPHAGEAL CANCER EDUCATION FOUNDATION DAY AT THE RACES MONMOUTH PARK RACE TRACK SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2014
Our 2014 Gala on April 29th was a huge success. People came up to us and wanted to know when we were having the Day at the Races which we told them we had decided to not have it in 2014 in lieu of the Gala. They were disappointed, so Ginny and I decided to have a stripped down version of the Day at the Races as follows:
- We will have our normal admission package which includes a program and pen.
- We will have our normal cook out catered by the same people as previous events.
- We will have beer, soda, water, ice tea and lemonade.
- The cost will be $35.00 per ticket, kids under10 are free.
Our intent is to say thank you to all of you who have supported ECEF in its Mission Statement:
- To bring awareness and educate the public about this disease.
- To walk the journey with patients who have this disease and their caregivers.
- To support research projects that will lead to an early detection of this disease.
We have eliminated the following so as not to look at this as truly a fund raising event but rather as a gathering of people who have meant a lot to us in our effort to shine a light on this disease.
- We will not have any sponsors.
- We will not have any T shirts
- We will not have any reserves seats.
- We will not sponsor a race as we have done in the past.
- We will not send out formal invitations.
If you would like to attend and have your light shine for all to see please send your check to: ECEF PO Box 821 Manalapan NJ 07726 OR Click on the donate button below to purchase tickets.
Leave a comment